Orchestration from Midi to Score
Orchestration for Film today – from MIDI to Score
with Oscar Senén
August. 2-4, 2022
Schedule: 9am-12pm / 2pm- 5pm CEST
“Orchestrating for Film, TV and Games not only requires traditional orchestration skills, but some technical abilities that will help translate the composer’s idea into the final score as well. In this course we’ll go through all the steps of orchestrating for a recording session.”
– Quantizing the MIDI file in the DAW (Cubase, Logic, etc.)
– Importing the clean MIDI into Sibelius the most helpful way
– Express orchestration in Sibelius (working to deadlines!)
- From 150+ MIDI tracks down to orchestral line-up.
- Working fast but safe – never miss out a note!
- Most useful plug-ins and shortcuts.
- Working with overdubs
- Creating and working with a score template.
- Score and part preparation for a recording session.
Oscar Senén is a Composer and Orchestrator
for Films, TV and Games with more than 15 years of experience in the music industry. He is a Summa Cum Laude graduate in Film and Video Game Scoring at Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA), where he studied with a Full Scholarship granted by the College. His credits include films like James Bond 007: No Time To Die, Lego Batman, Terminator: Genisys or Kung Fu Panda 3, and Video Games such as FIFA19, Asgard’s Wrath or Assassin’s Creed: Unity – Dead Kings.He has conducted orchestras including Budapest Symphony Orchestra (Hungary), Sofia Symphony Orchestra (Bulgaria),
Malaga Symphony Orchestra or Malaga Philharmonic Orchestra (Spain).